Friday 14 September 2018

Tapa Design

This week for Art, we are focusing on ''Tapa'' If your wondering what ''Tapa'' means it's bark cloth, or Tapa is not a woven material, but made from bark that has been softened through a process of soaking and beating. The inner bark is taken from several types of trees and shrubs, often ''Mulberry and fig, or light brown, red and black. Here are some picture of ''Tapa'' 
Were going to make our own Tapa too. 

In class, Miss Power gave us some sheets of different Tapa designs we could do. I chose the easy one. I think I need to practise a little more. But I think I've done well. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Caitlyn.
    Katelin Here Wow This Is really cool You haves added lots of information And have also added some design's Have you been having fun making yours cause I have. Kai Pai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There Katelin. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I'm enjoying it, I guess. But it's hard work getting the design how you want it to be. (: See you next time!

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.