Thursday 9 August 2018

Marae Visit

This week we are focusing on our Mihi. Because we are going to the Arahura Marae on 21st August 2018. There is a lot of fun things to do there, I have not been there. But I believe that it will be really fun. We also have to do our Mihi to introduce ourselves. I'm pretty nervous to do my Mihi in front of people, but I think I'll be fine. Have you ever been to a Marae before? What kind of things have you done there? Did you do your Mihi? 

We will be having some food there such as savouries and cakes, and then a bit later we have some fruits. Yum. Bye for now......

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Caitlyn , Kaede here. I really like how you have given the reader a good idea of what we're going to get up to. Maybe next time you could say a little bit more of why we're going or what we do there. Other than that keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kaede, Thanks for commenting! Ok, I will do that next time thank you so much!!

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Caitlyn
    Rata 5 went to the marae last week and we enjoyed being welcomed on to the marae. I was very proud of the children in my class who stood up and shared their mihi with everyone. The tangata whenua there were so supportive and appreciated any effort to introduce ourselves. I know that is can be a bit nerve-wrecking but I feel it is respectful to have a go at your mihi. I am so pleased that you are going to have a go. After we were welcomed onto the marae, we listened to the man introducing himself and the marae in Te Reo Maori. It was wonderful listening to someone speak fluently in Te Reo. After we sang our Te Aroha song, everyone participated in the hongi. I am sure you will enjoy the experience!
    Thanks for sharing
    Miss Lagan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello There, Miss Lagan. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it. Yes, I will enjoy the experience. And I'm sure it will lots of fun. Thanks, Caitlyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.